Subject: faf78.scr
From: Clearing Archive Roboposter <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 May 1999 06:13:26 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.clearing.technology

.ll 72
.fo off
.co on 
.ce ((Editor's comments in double parenthesis - Homer))
 
.ce Copyright (C) Flemming A. Funch
.ce Redistribution rights granted for non commercial purposes
 
Technical Essay # 78 - FAF 21 April 1992

.ce Reality
.. what a concept

To understand reality better, we might for the purpose of investigation divide it into four
different categories or levels:

	1. Subjective Reality  	- internal map in the mind
	2. Objective Reality   	- the actual physical universe
	3. Inherent Reality    	- the mechanisms creating the universe
	4. Ultimate Reality    	- total as-isness

As with any model of the world, this is an imperfect representation, made with imprecise
words. However, let me explain what I mean.

Most realities are just maps of higher level, more "true", realities. That is, instead of perceiving
things the way they really are, one uses a simplified representation as reality. Instead of
looking at the territory you look at your map of the territory.

Direct experience of the physical world would be reality level 2. For example, there is actually
a table there in the room. People present would make different internal representations of
that table. They would have different perceptions, different viewpoints, and they would think
about it differently. That would be reality level 1, their subjective experience. If they are fairly
sane, their subjective experiences are similar enough so that they can openly agree that
there is a table there and they can discuss it. However, not two of them will have the same
subjective representation of it. They will look at the world through subjective filters.

Reality level 1 can again be divided into two parts:

	1A. Secondary representation of experience
	1B. The actual experience and perceptions

1A is what we have mostly recognized as Case. It would be a mistake to regard it all as
unwanted, but it is in this realm we would resolve most of what is bothering people.

Secondary representations of experience would include mental image pictures,
computations, ARC breaks, valences, GPMs, entities, creations, etc. Some of them might be
wholely synthetic, others are just simplified and distorted versions of more real realities.
However, all of them the person would use AS reality.

Most humans will insist that they have memories, they have a personality, they feel hurt in
certain situations, and happy in others, and they have certain basic rules and understandings
about life. Most of this doesn't correspond very closely to what their objective environment
and physical perceptions are, there are just vague subjective associations.

Through clearing we would sort out the person's subjective representations. He would find
conflicts and limitations and would re-organize them. He would correlate his representations
with his currently perceived experience, and he will probably find that many of the old filters
and programs are unnecessary, and that it might work better to deal more directly with what is
going on. He would realize that responses from old traumatic incidents don't apply now, and
that he is better off without service facs, etc.

By straightening out the subjective filters and by familiarizing the person more with
experiencing the physical universe, he will gradually become more aware of the difference
between subjective and objective. He will become more "in Present Time", and much more
aware of what he is perceiving.

A person in present time, acutely aware of his perceptions, would be operating in the 1B
band. He is still perceiving through channels that have built-in filters: his physical senses.
Eyes only perceive a fraction of the spectrum, ears can only pick up a certain band of sound,
his sense of touch tell him that things are solid, etc. That is not the whole scene, but it is a
consistent picture that he can fairly well share with other, similarly equipped, humans.

Next step up is reality level 2, what is actually there, independent of the senses used to
perceive it. The first problem here, is that there isn't necessarily such a thing. The physical
world can appear very real and solid to the senses, but going beyond that it appears to be
just an illusion, a holographic display projected from elsewhere.

So, is there an objective reality? I don't know. If there is, it ought to be what one perceives
when one goes exterior. Granted, some people do experience a slightly enhanced physical
looking reality, but not with any great degree of objectivity. Most commonly, people
experience an overwhelming avalanche of different multi-dimensional perceptions. Some
people get access to different subjective realities through psychic means. But most people
don't get clear, verifiable, perceptions of the physical surroundings in the right dimensions,
colors, etc. And anyway, it would be kind of suspect if they did. Why should an exterior being
"see" light in the exact same bandwidth, as with the eyes, that would be kind of strange.

It would be kind of nice, seen from a human viewpoint, if one could at any time leave one's
body, and get the same kind of perceptions, just more clearly, and more objectively, from any
location one would choose. However, to ask for that is to impose human limitations on higher
states of being. It is not just going to be MORE human, it is going to be more and different.

There is not just a physical universe there that one needs to see a little more clearly. The
highest level of awareness is not going to be that "Yes! There is a table there, and now I see it
REALLY clearly!". I am afraid that that route leads to a dead end, to increased agreement with
the fake reality, to be precise.

So, there is the paradoxial situation that one gets case gains from perceiving objective reality
better, but if one does it too well one gets stuck.

The trick might be to perceive, but not agree. Somebody stuck in subjective reality has fixed
agreements about what reality is, but doesn't perceive very well. Objective reality (level 2)
might then be that you perceive well, but you don't necessarily agree with what you perceive,
and you don't have to translate it into meaning anything but what it is.

Reality level 3 would then be what is "behind" what is there to be perceived, what it more
inherently is. If we went along with the idea that the level 2 objective reality is projected from
elsewhere, then level 3 would be direct experience of that which is projecting, experiencing
the cause, instead of the effects.

Reality level 4 would then be complete and total knowingness without any separation, an 8th
dynamic awareness. Perception and experience would be unnecessary. Everything is as-
ised, so there isn't particularly anything there, but at the same time everything possible is
there.

Being incarnated in a physical body appears to hinder the direct experience of the higher
levels of reality. One can get the concept of them, one can perceive elements of them, and so
forth, but as long as one still has a physical body there, one is still insisting on some kind of
subjective reality.

I would tend to go along with the idea that the body is part of one's case. So, case could be
said to be mostly subjective reality, i.e. one's mind including the body.

We could regard the subjective reality of an individual as a holographic structure that
includes a blueprint of the body, as well as all the other elements one could orient oneself by.
One's timetrack, one's knowledge, ideas, opinions, abilities, circuits, etc, would be
represented as a multi-dimensional assortment of interconnected structures. The structures
would be constructed out of any conceivable perceptions put together and laid out over time
and space, with added significances.

This kind of structure could be regarded as one's private universe, or several universes
super-imposed on each other. Any conceivable combination of location, time, color, sound,
feelings, motion, beingnesses, etc, go together to form the circuitry that makes up the
person's perceived world. Most of it is probably sub-conscious and running on automatic.

These structures could be called The Mind, or one's own universe, or whatever. If one wants
to remain in physical incarnation and play the game of life, then that is what needs to be
optismized. One would probably want to clean it up, make sure that the structures are the
ones best suited for what one wants to do. For example, a timetrack that is stretched out in
front of you, going from left to right, might make you do certain things better than if you keep it
behind you, and vice versa. There are pros and cons of having a timetrack at all. The thing to
realize is that one is cause over one's personal reality, and if it doesn't work right one can
change it.

If one doesn't want a permanent personal universe, one would need to experience
everything in it, and reverse the process that it is created by. That would NOT be done by
denying responsibility for it, making it more automatic, or by throwing away the pieces. It
would rather be done by admitting ownership, taking over control, and integrating fragments.
That is what is called as-isness.

The body is an excellent indicator of how far one has gotten in that regard. One might not-is
and hide other case, but the body is rigged as a very visible indicator. If it is still there, and if it
is in poor shape, well, that indicates that there is still a lot of subjective structures that are at
work. The body is like the tip of the iceberg, it shows that something else is there.

Presumably you can transform your reality enough so that a physical body no longer is
necessary, and you can then move on. You might still use personal reality structures, and you
might still use a body of sorts, but it doesn't have to be physical.

A higher level of operation could be that one just makes up any environment or structure one
might desire, and one shares it with others as necessary. That would be very disorienting to a
human being, because it conflicts with subjective fixed ideas of how things should be, and
that is partially why humans get stuck with physical reality.

We could categorize people into bands of case depending on where their primary focus is:

1. Introverted into secondary subjective reality
2. Extroverted through physical senses in present time - a Life Clear
3. Experiencing and interacting with multi-dimensional reality - an Operation Clear
4. Outside universes, causing realities - a Static Clear
5. Absolute zero, Infinite potential - an Infinity Clear

We could also organize it based on the dynamics in a similar fashion:

1D:     Optimizing secondary subjective realities for self.
2D:     High sensory acuity, in present time, responding to who or what is there.
3D:     Managing the subjective realities of groups.
4D:     Willingness to experience and encompass any reality.
5D:     Ability to change dimensions and interact with what is there.
6D:     Creating reality from scratch as needed.
7D:     No need for reality or vias of any kind.
8D:     No existence, infinite awareness.

.. which gives a similar result as my previous charts, just from a different angle. Again, we
have pretty solid technologies that can accomplish 1 and 2 routinely. 3 and 4 we probably
can do too, we just need to sharpen our tools and apply them better. 5 and up, we aren't
talking human anymore, and I'm not sure any kind of formalized technology could or should
give such results. It is evident to me that we are moving in that kind of direction, but it also
appears that we are getting some outside help.

Anyway, things might also be a lot more simple than described above. Any kind of reality is
simply what you make it to be. You are cause over all of it, and if it isn't what you want, then
make it different. If you forget you are cause and focus on one type of reality to the exclusion
of others, you might get lost. If you confuse the effects with the causes, you also get lost. The
remedy is to discover your own inner reality that is generating the outer realities, and any
copies of inner or outer realities.

================ http://www.clearing.org ====================
Sun May 23 06:13:25 EDT 1999 
ftp://ftp.lightlink.com/pub/archive/flemming/faf78.scr
Send mail to [email-masked] saying help

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homer Wilson Smith     The paths of lovers    Art Matrix - Lightlink
(607) 277-0959               cross in         Internet Access, Ithaca NY
[email-masked]     the line of duty.     http://www.lightlink.com