Subject: Re: Your Opinion?
From: Flemming Funch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 14:36:15 -0700
Newsgroups: alt.clearing.technology

Hi Heidrun,

>During my recent study of ressources I saw this text of Flemming Funch
>and found it extremely interesting.

>It says in the header "These materials may be copied and distributed
>freely for non-commercial purposes", so I hope it is OK to discuss
>it here. I suppose it was on clear-l in earlier days before I came
>onto the list - true? Or not?

Yes, it was posted here, together with the rest of my materials, a
couple of years ago.

And, certainly, you can discuss it here, or anywhere.

>I also would be interested whether there is anything which covers this
>subject in LRH-tech or contemporary FZ-tech.

My inspiration for coming up with that technique was several different
sources. In part it was to come up with a better way of dealing with
identities, after looking at different kinds of Identity Clearing,
including traditional valence stuff, such as the Ls or LX lists, and
looking at Lawrence West's Identity Clearing materials.

Also, I had been studying NLP and was intrigued by several techniques
that were dealing with the "parts" of a person, finding that it actually
was a very down-to-earth and workable way of dealing with
entity/identity stuff, in  a way that works on just about anybody.

In part that comes from Gestalt Therapy and Transactional Analysis.

At any rate, the Polarity Integration technique suddenly appeared to me
after playing around with these things in sessions. It is probably the
most transformative technique that I know of, which works on anybody off
the street, without indoctrination.

Later I ran into something remarkably similar from several sources. Per
Schiottz in Denmark was promoting a technique, developed by some
psychologist, which was quite similar. And I ran into a couple of other
similar things, although I'm forgetting the specifics right now.

The Polarity Integration thing hasn't been overly popular with old-time
Scn trained people, though. Most seem to regard it as some wishy-washy
entry level stuff. However, in my experience it is very powerful at any
level. In part it is very effective because it avoids more mental L&N
stuff that addresses only a narrow part of the person. It deals with the
person the way they actually experience themselves now, and transforms
things rather broadly throughout their life.

- Flemming