Subject: Re: New OT V EP
From: norman_suchanek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 23:41:52 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.clearing.technology

"Rogers" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> norman_suchanek wrote :
>
> >Who determines what is 'normal' procedure ?  And which magician ?
> >I'm afraid there is no 'standard magick tech'.  Various magicians
> >contributed to the subject at different times, but their data are
> >not necessarily in agreement.  Soem may have used the term
> >'elemental' and others wrote 'elementar'.
>
> Yes, to a degree, that's why I did fudge a bit on my response.
> Still, I think for the most part, unlike Wicca and low magick,
> High Magick was in the past mostly learned on an apprenticeship
> basis and/or via some school.

Well I never claimed to be a fully educated specialist regarding
all kinds of magic and magic-like activities and the like.  Thus,
when you mention lo magick, hi magick, sorcery, metaphysics etc.
I can't follow you in all details, as I have not defined the
( maybe minor ) differences between each.

> I don't think there were THAT many schools (considering it WAS
> an "underground" function in a predominantly christian society).
> As such, it was mostly standard.

Standardized by whom and when ?

> >Here some data from Master Arion's magick tech :
>
> I'm not familiar with this guy.  When did he live?  I don't think
> I've even seen his name listed as an author anywhere.

He lived until the mid of this century in Germany and Czecoslovakia.
He wrote some books which are basically step-by-step training ;
these books are at least available in the above languages.  His
profane name was Franz Bardon.

Some of his practices, drills and rituals are similar to those
of Crowley ( Therion ), but Arion didn't recommend rituals to
kill children 'for their own spiritual advantage' like Crowley
did ( a concept which I find worse than disgusting ).  Arion puts
great stress on responsible use of his 'tech'  -  far beyond
Crowley's 'do what thou wilt'.

Those who have a grasp of 8-8008 will understand some concepts and
drills by Crowley and Arion quite easily.

> But for all I know, it may be just standard sorcery tech... but
> in that case it really should be differentiated from Magick proper.

Alright ... what about giving some definitions of how these
subjects relate to each other ?

Best regards

Norman

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---