Subject: Re: Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making (23)
From: [email-masked] (Anon)
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 11:51:01 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.clearing.technology

On 5 Nov 1999 04:11:46 -0500, Ted Crammer <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>
>
>The next essential step in goal attainment is effective time
>management. We know that all high achievers use their time well.
>
>Effective Time Management is contained in the following 6 points:
>
>1) [?!?]
>
>2) Clear, detailed plans.
>
>3) Make a list every single day before you start work. All good time
>planners use lists. The best time to make a list is Saturday or Sunday
>for the following week, and the night before for the following day.

>Refuse to do anything that is not on the list.

That's a little unrealistic and simplistic.  Your child takes sick,
you respond, list or no list, for example.  You handle the higher
priority, whatever it is.  Lists are tools.  And one need not use an
obvious example, such as a sick child. The point is a list, a tool,
should not put one on automatic pilot.  You WILL have to make choices
as other priorities compete for your time.  Life marches on.  You make
a new decision, which is now a better decision, based on data you
didn't have when you made your list,  then go on and TRY to follow
your list to the extent possible and practicable.

Otherwise, general agreement.

Anon

> If you do not use a list
>you will find yourself responding to the urgent rather than doing the
>important.
>
>4) Set priorities on your list. Use the 80/20 rule. Concentrate on the
>20% of the items that are worth 80% of the value of everything that you
>have to do.
>
>5) Develop the ability to concentrate single-mindedly on one thing at a
>time and do it until it is finished.
>
>6) Develop a sense of urgency. Get on with it and get on with it right
>now. Overcome procrastination. A person who will do things fast will
>always have the leading edge.
>
>
>
>			--Brian Tracy from the taped lecture
>			Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making
>