Subject: Re: Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making (22)
From: "Rogers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 04:38:10 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.clearing.technology

>>>Dale Carnegie said many years ago, "Tell me what gives a man or a woman
>>>their greatest feeling of importance and I'll tell you their entire
>>>philosophy of life."

>Rogers wrote:

>>Without wishing to discount the validity of Carnegie's comments or
insights
>>here, I would say that the "feeling of importance" is an aberration.

CB Willis wrote in message

>My guess is that Carnegie did not have ego in mind, but rather "feeling of
>meaningfulness", or value in the larger view of things.

Hi Carol,

Just in case it wasn't clear, I was NOT trying to knock Dale Carnegie.  What
he said seem like a perfectly reasonable way to get an insight into (most)
humans.  And truth be told, an "indicator" should be flexible enough to read
low as well as high, that is to say, might show a person's philosophy to be
relevant only in the smaller view of things.

Perhaps, Carol, you are more attuned to Carnegie such that your guess is
indeed better than mine.  I was inclined to just take his remark as a
neutral proposition, perhaps just in the same way that perhaps a
Scientologist would use comm-lag as a case estimator.

Actually, my REAL problems were with Brian Tracy's utterances.

Les.