Subject: IVy Magazine: Objectives Series - 12
From: IVy Magazine <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Nov 2000 13:27:19 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.clearing.technology

~~ IVy Objectives Series  (12) ~~

At the end of 1997 and throughout 1998 IVy Magazine published  a group 
of  articles (written  by various contributors) all to do with the 
interesting subject of Objectives Processing.

IVy Magazine will be posting one of these articles every week, over the 
next few weeks.
(There is an index of all the Objective articles on the IVy web site.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IVy 36
April 1998

~Objectives (12)~

Objective Assists

By Christine Norstrand, USA

OBJECTIVES (BOPs or basic objective processes) produce some of the highest
gains to be had in processing. This article is the first of a series to
introduce some of the lesser-known objectives. I don't assume that the
reader is trained but hope to introduce some lesser known processes that
will surprise even some professional processors who are familiar with the
processes taught in the standard scientology curriculum.

BOPs can be a vital first step on a viewer's program. Failure to honestly
complete objectives can slow or hinder the viewer's ability to make case
gain later. Some viewers, because of a series of trauma, such as an
extensive drug history or abuse find it difficult or impossible to execute
a subjective processing direction. This effectively stops their processing
right there. Moreover, it is almost impossible to get a person to look at
something that they are being, or have "collapsed terminals" with.

Objective processes invite a viewer to get into communication with and
examine her relationship with her physical environment. They raise her
ability to confront and be at cause over her environment. The results of
these processes can be quite phenomenal.

Some LRH quotes on objectives:

"The goal of processing is to bring a person into such thorough
communication with the physical universe that he can regain the power and
ability of his own considerations (postulates)".

"A person goes out of present time to the degree that he cannot confront
the MEST of present time. In the absence of present time, all becomes bank".

Types

There are roughly four types of objective processes

Objective assists, primarily for illness, injury, or loss;

Orientation and destimulative processes, such as one might use in
conjunction with a detoxification program or series of body-targeted
medical treatments;

Core objectives, the objective processes that most people are familiar
with, and expanded core objectives;

Advanced processes and drills, processes that can be quite advanced, even
inviting the viewer to operate and create effects while exterior to her body.

Running Assists

Assists are just what the name implies, processes to help a person over a
rough spot. There are many assist processes. Here we are looking at
objective assists. They are not intended for serious case gain, although
that can and does occur. Assists are unlimited processes; that is, they can
be run as often as needed. Generally, the sicker or more overwhelmed the
viewer, the shorter the session.

The process end point of an assist is quite different from a regular
objectives process. What you are looking for is some sign of relief, a win,
a slight extroversion of attention. Don't give the already overwhelmed
person another threat to deal with. Just start with something that the
viewer can do and get her doing that to smallwins.
You can always continue the process in the next session.

Some Sample Processes

1. Assist for an Unconscious Person
(You make that body lie on that bed)

References:

Tape608C231 SHACC-10 "Handling Insanity"Tape5904C29 "HGC Allowed
Processes ACC Processes as of May 21, 1959"HCOB 4 December 1959 Clear
ProcedureScientology Clear Procedure Issue One, December 1959.

Process Description:

The key rule is that "One must always find something the preclear can do
and then better that ability". An unconscious person is usually lying in a
bed. If not, the command must be varied to fit the environment. In such
cases, a grip on the person's hand and use of a slight squeeze each time
the auditor acknowledges considerably speeds the process. Take the person's
hand and continue holding it while you run the process. Tactile
communication is most real to an unconscious person. However, do not assume
that the person does not hear what is going on in the vicinity of the body.
There are many reports of seemingly unconscious persons recounting the
details of a surgical procedure, even down to the surgeon's bad jokes.

Commands
For someone lying on a bed

"You make that body lie in that bed". "Thank you".

Each acknowledgement is accompanied by a slight squeeze of the person's hand).

For someone sitting in a chair

"You seat that body on that chair" "Thank you".

Each acknowledgement is accompanied by the same slight squeeze of the hand.

End point
This process can be run on an unconscious person for several successive
sessions. It has been known to help a person become conscious again. Signs
of a good point to end off a session include a sudden relaxing of the body,
a slight squeeze back from the person, an improvement in the person's color
or tone. The process can be continued in later sessions.

2. An Assist for a Psychotic (Feel the Wall)

This process is also excellent for introductory sessions.
References

Tape5304C08A SPRL-17 "Case Levels 6 and 7"Dianetics Today,
State of Case scale

Process Description

On a person who is psychotic, you would try to get him to present time, to
establish some communication with the physical reality of present time. You
get him into communication and then bring him into present time. He can't
run anchor points because when you ask him to kind of reach out and imagine
the corners of the room, he can't, because there's lions and tigers in them
or there's something wrong with the corners of the room or he can't reach
out or he can't do this or that and he starts to spin.

Don't get fancy! Remember you have a communication shutdown. So the more
complicated messages you try to give him, the less you'll get through.
Operate in an A-B-C basic mode.

You say to him, "Put your hands on the wall and feel it. Keep your hands on
the wall until you can feel it very well". And have him sit there and do
this. Anything is liable to happen. But remember that this is an effort to
get him into present time.

Commands
"Put your hand on the wall and feel it".

"Keep your hands on the wall until you can feel it very well".

End Point
The person more in present time. This can be an indication that she has
noticed something in the environment that she hasn't noticed before. Or a
statement to the effect that she feels "more here". As for all overwhelmed
viewers, this process should be short sessioned and the person allowed to
have her win. The process can be continued in later sessions.

3. An assist for Injury
(Put your attention on my hand)

This process should follow the application of any necessary first aid.

References:

Tape5406C17 6ACC 50 "Assists"Volunteer Minister's Handbook, Chapter on
Assists.

Process Description

This is a process which can be used as an emergency assist.
Let's say that you were a public school playground supervisor and a child
falls down and wrenches his ankle. You get to the child; you want a minimum
of talk in the vicinity always. You just ask the child, "Put your attention
on my hand", and you put your hand below that ankle (in other words, on his
heel, his shoe, his toes and so forth), "Thank you".

Maybe the child is writhing around in pain but he will at least try to do
it. You will feel the limb tremble, you will feel the tremor abate, you
will feel it cut-in again and then get quiet and for several placements no
particular result. And then, you will feel the tremble and you will feel it
abate except that the tremble each time will be less. The person will
actually feel the impact over again that caused the injury. The child will
(if you do this well for about ten, fifteen minutes) quite ordinarily
simply get up and walk without a limp and no difficulty.

Commands
First, tell the person what you are going to do. Let him know that you want
him to give you a signal every time he has put his attention on your hand.

"Put your attention on my hand". (Move your hand, before giving the
command). "Thank you".

"Put your attention on my hand". "Thank you".

"Put your attention on my hand". "Good".

"Put your attention on my hand". "Okay".

etc. to End Point.

End Point
Pain gone, a realization, and good indicators.

4. An Assist for a lingering illness
(Places where the condition does not exist)

References

Tape5410C13 "Retraining Unit B & C"Tape5501C05 "The Society at Large"

Process Description
Here is a process which is an interesting one. Remember, this one cuts down
havingness and is not the most reliable process in the world. It certainly
would not be something you addressed to a very seriously ill person. But
let's suppose this person was just having a hard time recuperating. They
are not very sick, they just can't go home, or something like that. Just
ask them a few times, "Give me some places where the condition does not
exist. Point it out". "Where is another place where it doesn't exist," and
all of a sudden the condition to them does not exist.

This process is not as broadly workable as laying on of hands. It is not
anywhere near as hot as exteriorization. But is quite a process, all by
itself.

Commands
"Give me some place where the condition does not exist".

"Point it out". (Actually have the person point toward it.)

"Where is another place where it doesn't exist".

"Point it out". etc. to EP.

End Point
Run this process to a new realization or an ability is regained. Follow
with the person's havingness process.

5. An assist for a loss
Reference

Volunteer Minister's Handbook

Process Description:
A person who is sitting in a loss is unknowingly restimulated by things in
the environment that
remind her of that loss. By having her notice the restimulators, their
ability to trigger responses lessens. And you coax her attention back into
present time.

Lightly let her tell you about the loss. Get her wording for what she lost.

Take a walk and have her point out things that are not reminding her of
_______.

This process can be run on oneself. While walking, notice things that do
not remind you of what or who was lost.

Commands
While walking,

"Point out something that does not remind you of ______". "Thank you".

"Point out something else that does not remind you of _____". "Thank you".

etc. to an end point.

End Point
Run this process until the person brightens up, has a new realization, or
an ability is regained. This is an unlimited process. And can be run for
other losses or in successive sessions.

*******'
If the person's havingness process has not been found, a reliable process
is a dozen commands of "Touch that _____. Feel that ______".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              ***International Viewpoints***
The International Magazine for Clearing Technology World Wide

E-Mail: [email-masked] - for subscription information

Editor, International Viewpoints (= IVy): [email-masked]

IVy Web Manager: [email-masked]

IVy Home Page: http://home8.inet.tele.dk/ivy/ - with extensive
                                             links to the Free Zone
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~