Subject: Hubbard, early influences and connections
From: [email-masked]
Date: 7 Nov 1999 13:37:32 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.clearing.technology

From a site found on google under key words 'scientology, brainwash, cia.'  
700 or so entries.  This particular site had a lot of good material, but was 
also a bit off the deep end here and there, and biased in some areas.

      *************

1953 Planning meeting held by Dulles, Ford Foundation director Robert 
Hutchins and Dr. Humphrey Osmond, personal physician to Aldous Huxley, for 
Ford Foundation-funded mescaline and LSD research. Another meeting in 1953. 
Aldous Huxley was the grandson of Rhodes Round Table Group co-founder Thomas 
Huxley. Aldous Huxley, author of Doors To Perception, had a personal 
paradigm which included the concepts of Dionysian "children of the sun" and 
an Illuminst-Osiris-Isis orientation. Aldous was also tutored by H.G. Wells, 
who was also in charge of British Foreign Intelligence in 1916. One of the 
curious books written by Wells was The Open Conspiracy: Blue Prints for a 
World Revolution. Huxley's initiation into psychedelic substance was 
provided by Aleister Crowley. It is thought by some that the British push of 
psychedelic chemicals on the United States is reminescent of the paradigm of 
opium in China.

         ******************************end

It appears that these were some of Hubbards earlier influences, he mentions 
some of them in his books and tapes, and many are science fiction writers 
with a strong predilection to halucinoginic drugs, and with high level 
intelligence connections. (Wells)

There was then, and in the 50's and 60's extensive govt involvment that we 
found out about just a few years ago when the files were declassified and 
there was testimony before congress along these lines.  Drug smuggling in 
from Tailand by the CIA was admitted before congress in the mid 90's contra 
hearings, and justified as a way to fund the contra's.

things are messier than they seem apparently.

It does appear that it was the govt involvement that took Hubbard down in 
the end, not to mention the drugs.  (electra's EM2 essay, that Homer 
roboposts adds inside confirmation).

Best Regards, Phil Scott

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com